The 19th Annual Gulf Coast Winter Classic & www.playthecoast.com presents
THE GULF COAST ART CONTEST 2017
Artist must creat an original painting rendition representing:
The Gulf Coast of Mississippi
The 19th Annual Winter Classic
The Mardi Grtas Season 2017
DEADLINE: JANUARY 10, 2017
Gulf Coast Art Contest 2017 Competition Guidelines:
1. Age Requirement: Must be 21 years of age by January 10, 2017.
2. The Work Must Be Original: You must be the creator of the art that
you submit to the competition. Your art must be your own original
concept and not a copy of anyone else's copyrighted material. (If your
image infringes upon another's copyright it will be disqualified.) Upon
submitting your work, to this competition, you are solely responsible
for any infringement on copyrighted materials.
3. Entry Fees: No entry fee required.
4. Repeat Entries: Restriction on entering any and all art that has been entered to previous competitions.
5. Copyright: The artist relinquishes their artwork without exception.
6. Exclusive Permissions: By entering this art competition, you are
granting us all exclusive rights to reproduce images of your artwork.
7. Traveling Requirements: Winning artist must be able to travel to all participating events.
7. Artwork Submitted: Artwork must be in the form of a painting.
8. Location Requirement: Entering Artist must reside within the State
of Mississippi. Entering Artist must be a citizen of the United States.
9. Writing Requirement:
• Artist must submit a bio for review.
• Artist must submit a 150 word bio explaining inspiration.
10. Judging criteria:
• Does the submitted artwork fit the theme of the competition?
• Is there creative interpretation of the subjects/theme?
• Is the originality of the work interesting?
• Is there overall quality and command of the medium being used?
• Does the work impact the viewer in relationship to the theme?
• Does the work stand on its own as a complete and outstanding creative image?
• The composition and design of the work is also a judging criterion.
11. Original Work: We deserve the right to request proof that your
entry is your original artwork created solely by you. Non-compliance to
this rule will be a disqualification of your entry.
Submissions: There are no restrictions to the number of contests an
artist can submit work to, nor the number of pieces they can submit, or
the number of prizes they can win.
13. Submission Deadlines:
Artworks may be submitted until 9pmEastern Standard Time on the
submission date of January 10, 2017. No artworks will be accepted past
the posted deadline.
14. Prize Payments: No Cash Prizes will be presented. Gift cards only will be given to winner from participating sponsors.
15. Taxes: Winners shall be solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes.
16. Submission Instructions: Bring original painting to Mosaic Tapas
Restaurant located at 1010 Government Street, Ocean Springs, MS.
Winning Artist Attendance: Winning Artist must attend all poster
signing dates, sit at a table, interact in a professional manner when
talking with public, and personally sign posters.
18. VOID WHERE PROHITBITED BY LAW